First Midwest, with assets over $16 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area's largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 120+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
Conceptualize, create and execute exceptional, trend current, and brand-centric design solutions in primary support of digital strategies including online, mobile, tablet and email for all lines of business within the Bank.
Secondary design support includes print for collateral, lobby promotions, advertising, and direct mail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Graphic Design
- Minimum 5 years experience in strategic marketing field designing exceptional web-based solutions and digital marketing - emphasis on banking/financial industry a plus
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional marketing and design solutions to support business objectives through mastery of typography, photography, composition/layout, and color, all while maintaining a strong brand within prescribed standards
- Extensive knowledge of digital design platforms with a keen understanding of the strengths and limitations of current technologies and emerging platforms, with the ability to build and execute wire frames, prototypes, screen flows and information architecture
- Comprehensive understanding of online content engagement behavior and user experience that fuels effective digital interaction
- Proficiency with current design and website management tools – Adobe Creative Suite, CMS experience, PC environment, Exact Target (or similar email platform), HTML
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with strong orientation to details and deadlines within a fast-paced, team environment
- Proven written and oral communication skills with emphasis on banking/financial industry – basic copy writing skills required
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal oversight
- Strong working knowledge of print and media production issues
- May require limited travel in the Chicago land to branch banks
- Works with and reports to Senior Creative Specialist on the ideation and development of marketing/design and messaging, and coordinates with Online Marketing & Social Media Manager and Digital Experience Manager for:
- Web design
- Mobile design
- Email design
- Social Media design
- Establishment and support of variant testing across platforms
- Explore new methods of communication and engage in any personal development and research necessary to stay current in advertising, promotion, marketing and design techniques and standards as they apply to the company’s business lines and job responsibilities.
- Work/interact in a team environment of marketing and line of business professionals in the development of creative design for advertising campaigns, direct mail, product marketing initiatives and sales materials for Retail, Commercial, and Wealth Management business units, and corporate initiatives.
- Sell ideas to internal clients and influence outcomes.
- Manage, prioritize, and organize to ensure that all assigned projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Responsible for quality control of assigned projects and execution of brand strategies and design standards.
- Serve as liaison to external creative services firms for assigned projects, to ensure timeliness of work, accuracy and proper billing.
- Work with internal Compliance department to ensure that all communications are within compliance guidelines.
First Midwest Bank continually looks for highly motivated and talented individuals. Our people are critical to the Bank's strategy and success. In return we offer competitive salaries, a bonus plan, outstanding benefits like 401K plus 6% company contribution, generous vacation plan, certification and continuing education support, and opportunities for career growth.