This leader, a top executive that reports to the Chief Product Officer, is responsible for overall marketing activities for the organization. They will serve as a key member of the senior leadership team, lead the creation and implementation of a multi-year marketing strategy, and supervise a highly functioning team that spans brand strategy, marketing, and communications, thought leadership, PR, and membership. They will also work closely with senior executives on product management, product development, sales, and clients to understand product strengths, opportunities for improvement, customer requirements and selling needs.
This leader will model strong business collaborating skills, leadership presence, and organizational maturity to bring the company to the next level.
- Lead brand management, marketing communications including advertising, promotions, and public relations, market research, sales management, product development, distribution channel management, and pricing
- Develop and implement marketing strategies that enhance brand and champion brand identity.
- Oversee marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, events, direct marketing, online marketing, content, creative services, analytics, and social media.
- Responsible for generating revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization.
- Responsible for defining the go-to-market strategy of new and existing products to ensure the highest level of product adoption.
- Oversee product marketing initiatives, including the creation of marketing content materials, development of communication strategy, and identification of appropriate marketing channels.
- Provide oversight to the organization's market intelligence activities to understand the competitive landscape and define product market position.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing programs and initiatives, making changes as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 5-15 years of experience as a marketing generalist
- Experience with multi-channel marketing, working with sales teams, events, digital marketing
- Experience overseeing marketing in a 2 sided marketplace (B2B and B2C)
- Analytical skills and experience using data to support decisions
- Be agile and comfortable changing strategy when necessary
- Experience managing large marketing budget
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; strong sense of urgency.
- Able to develop outstanding business relationships and provide functional leadership
- Frequent phone and computer use
- Creating written communications
- Able to sit/stand at a desk
- Able to bend, sit, stand, lift boxes or equipment (between 0-15 lbs)
- Able to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally