The GM will be responsible for managing the entire operation of assigned facility, which includes safety, human resources, financial, environmental, quality, production, transportation, maintenance, engineering and community relations.
- Assure that on a daily basis all values, standards and Customer Commitments (i.e.; sales, quality, R&A, safety, employee relations, on-time delivery, reporting etc.) are followed within the plant.
- Build effective relationships with all departments in plant to produce strong customer relationships and a superior product.
- Focus on maintenance and bringing machines back to OEM Levels.
- Control cost within budgetary limits to achieve profitability.
- Review and understand annual budget, forecasts, and monthly financial summaries for plant.
- Work closely with sales manager and BUGM in developing and maintaining relationships with key accounts.
- All team members to perform up to standards.
- Build effective alliances with other plants to better serve customers that cross multiple plants.
- Establish working relationships and consistent communication with plant management team.
- Value and seek contributions from all team members, facilitate regular team meetings.
- Foster employee development through training and other resources.
- Establish goals, track results uptime, quality productivity.
- Ensure all customer feedback is promptly dealt with and any complaints are corrected immediately.
- Build an effective partnership with union and union stewards; intervene with union issues and negotiations when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining assets to include building, land, equipment, vehicles and other assets of the company.
- Ensure all environmental compliance issues are addressed on a timely basis.
- Provide a vision for the plant strategically linking resources of the facility with its respective markets.
- Prepare and submit reports as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.