Human Resources Generalist
River Grove, IL
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team.
Triton College is a collaborative environment where all employees are respected and their talents are valued. Triton supports its diverse workforce of more than 1,600 employees by providing vast professional development opportunities that encourage input and creativity. Generous benefits are available to ensure the health and wellness of employees and their families - and ample paid time off allows for a work/life balance that promotes personal and professional growth.
The Human Resources Generalist primary function is to provide support for all activities and services within the Human Resources Department. This position may carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits, recruitment, and employment law compliance. Will undertake and support special projects as assigned by Associate Vice President of Human Resources.
1. Provide support to all functional areas within the Human Resources Department.
2. Assist in the administration of all employee benefits as needed.
3. Reviews and adjusts all faculty loads/assignment prior to each semester in compliance with the collective bargaining agreements.
4. Provide support in the recruitment life cycle for all positions.
5. Serve on search committees and organizational committees as assigned.
6. Assist in the processing of employment verifications, reference checks, pre-employment screenings, employment authorizations, and E-Verify.
7. Processing of employee leave time and absence reports.
8. Serve as a liaison between staff and human resources on employment issues as assigned.
9. Provide support on HRIS system upgrades and implementations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Report to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related degree. PHR/SPHR certifications are strongly recommended.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years of experience in Human Resource; experience in institutions of higher education is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: General knowledge of state and federal employment laws
SKILLS: Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications skills with strong attention to detail is required. Strong problem solving and analysis along with an ability to work with people at all levels in the organization. .
To apply, please visit our website at:
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.