Use this link to apply, all applications must be submitted on the Planned Parenthood website: https://jobs.lever.co/ppil/55e8ffc2-8288-484d-84f5-a127b28ba849?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=CareerBuilder
Or visit our jobs page at ppil.org/careers
Under the direction of the Director of Information Technology and in collaboration with the Business Operations and Intelligence team, the Information Technology (IT) Specialist provides direct hardware, software, and network technical assistance and support to PPIL users throughout the state of Illinois.
1. Perform regular PC configuration and maintenance including, but not limited to, running utilities, conducting virus checks, troubleshooting hardware, inventorying hardware, conducting file maintenance changes when needed and providing printer support
2. Perform configuration of new Windows-based desktops and laptops and installation of preassigned software
3. Assist in supporting the agency’s client management system (CMS), as well as general office applications, including the MS Office Suite
4. Provide Helpdesk support to all PPIL staff including remote software installation, troubleshooting and training
5. Service requests in person, over the telephone and via e-mail
6. Keep track of all incidents via current ticketing system so knowledgebase will have a reference for solution. Follow up on issues and pending items expeditiously. Escalate technical issues as appropriate
7. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Planned Parenthood of Illinois (PPIL) core values of respect, knowledge, responsibility, choice, health, compassion and access; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
1. Provide excellent customer service and support for all PPIL users. Assist in providing training for new staff and remedial training for existing staff in the CMS software on a regular basis
2. Perform regular computer maintenance functions including but not limited to: running utilities, troubleshooting hardware, performing virus checks, installing patches and upgrades and facilitating network backups
3. Assist in staffing the IT Helpdesk to provide timely and knowledgeable support on PC hardware, printer, and network connectivity issues
4. Responsible for Network administration and support of the company's LAN & WAN, analyzing PC requirements, providing technical support relating to system software and hardware, monitor and update Helpdesk requests and issues
5. Rotate after hours and weekend support. Occasional work after normal business hours required
6. Deliver PPIL-owned PC equipment to all HC locations.
7. Other duties as assigned.
The physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, read, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to type, handle, or feel and reach. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Supervisor: Director of Information Technology
Status: Full time, non-exempt from the overtime provisions of federal wage and salary administration policies.