Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Master Teacher to join our North Children's Center Team!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for planning and implementing curriculum used by classroom teachers in Pre-K classes. Provides support and direction to teaching staff in creating appropriate lesson plans.
- Provides instruction in preschool classroom in cooperation with other teaching staff.
- Observes and assesses teachers in the classroom to ensure that the teaching methods and activities for children are appropriate. Provides feedback to classroom teachers.
- Ensures that teachers adhere to State of Illinois Pre-K guidelines.
- Provides leadership in developing the Children’s Center as a model inter-generational site.
- Responsible for maintaining an environment that appropriately addresses the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs of the children.
- Ensures appropriate child guidance and discipline.
- Provides consultation, training, and resource information to staff.
- Participates in planning and implementation of ongoing in-service training and orientation for staff and parents. Builds and ensures positive and on-going relationships with parents.
Coordinates the completion of required monthly reports and enrollment forms, CAP forms and CAP observation checklists.
- Tracks and provides support to teaching staff for ongoing observation and documentation process by teaching staff of the Focused Portfolios.
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.
- Performs other duties as assigned.