This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
- Serve as a paralegal to the DGC, and the attorneys reporting to the DGC, who provide legal advice and support to one or more business units or functions of the company.
- Receive, monitor, maintain systems, records and reports on, and assist the other internal and external legal staff in the drafting and negotiation of, all agreements with customers, suppliers and other parties.
- Receive, monitor, maintain systems, records and reports on, and assist the other internal and external legal staff in the investigation, defense and resolution, of all internal and external complaints, administrative charges, audits, investigations and lawsuits.
- Conduct legal research on topics assigned by DGC and the attorneys reporting to the DGC.
- Assist DGC and the attorneys reporting to the DGC in evaluating, and educating directors, officers and employees on, compliance with applicable laws and related company policies.
- Serve as a records custodian for the legal function.
- Assist DGC and other internal and external legal staff upon request on special projects (e.g., mergers, acquisitions or dispositions of business unit or assets; banking and finance; intercompany restructurings; etc.).
- Bachelor degree from four-year accredited college or university
- Paralegal certificate from ABA accredited program
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a paralegal. Relevant areas of experience include contracts drafting and negotiation, commercial transactions, corporate governance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and real estate.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations in areas that paralegal practiced.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills.
- Skills in handling conflict resolution situations.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
- Results Driven - Ability to focus on organizational growth, financial performance and achieving results.
- Stakeholder Focused – Understands and consistently meets or exceeds the needs and expectations of internal and external stakeholders. Foodservice and Food Merchandising leadership and staff will be key internal stakeholders of this position but will not be the sole internal stakeholders of this position.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Builds a positive and collaborative working relationship with colleagues within the company legal function and internal stakeholders in other business units and functions and fosters an environment of open and transparent communication across the organization.
- Integrity & Trust – Demonstrates honest, respectful and trustworthy behaviors when engaging with stakeholders and achieves stated work obligations.
- Compelling Communication – Effective written and verbal communicator that clearly and succinctly conveys information across all levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
"IND1P" #CB1 #LI-TM1