Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
At u00A0Molecular Diagnostics at Abbott u00A0we realize the potential of personalized care as the laboratory's most trusted and preferred source for molecular diagnostic solutions. We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
Our location in Des Plaines, IL location currently has an opportunity for a Senior Product Manager on the Global Marketing Team. The Senior Product Manager for will manage Molecular Diagnostics marketing activities to u00A0create the strategy for launching products, execute tactical plans, and work cross the geographic regions to launch products successfully globally. This individual should have acumen for learning new technologies, be able to differentiate products among competitors, create compelling value propositions and messages provide input for pricing, contribute to forecasts, work with agencies to create concepts, and work with international area marketers to create global launch tool kits.u00A0 One of the focus areas will be Workflow studies and analysis and Solution Selling tactics and tools. The Senior. Product Manager will work collaboratively with area marketers, market research, regulatory, R&D and market access to apply project management skills during launch preparation and ensure a successful global launch of the product. This is an excellent position for someone who seeks to grow a career with a leader in diagnostic testing.u00A0
WHAT YOUu2019LL DOu00A0u00A0
- Develop in depth understanding of the products and competitors in order to differentiate product offering
- Create value propositions, positioning statements, messaging, and work with agencies to develop marketing concepts.
- Develop core promotional materials, sales aids and support materials
- Work with Market Research regarding primary and secondary market research to optimize product offering.
- Possess strong project management skills, with proven ability to clearly define objectives, priorities, develop project plan, and manage to deadlines.
- Provide marketing input during development of products
- Contribute to KOL development
- Collaborate with areas and affiliates on product launches
- Build market awareness and education strategies
- Interface with key opinion leaders customers, agencies and vendors.
- Manage Workflow studies and transform outcome of studies into Marketing materials to support solution selling.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOUu2019LL BRINGu00A0u00A0
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 4 years Upstream or Downstream Marketing experience, or MBA with minimum 2 yrs. related experience
- Experience or working knowledge of the diagnostics market including trends and issues
- Global Experience strongly preferred
- Workflow Consulting and Solution Selling
- Project Management experience
- Masteru2019s Degree in Business Administration or other graduate degree is preferred
- Ability to examine business environment and develop/execute in response to market opportunities.
- Cross-functional team leadership experience
- Strong internal and external networking skills.
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills.
- Advanced analytical and communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent organizational skills.
WHAT WE OFFERu00A0u00A0
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:u00A0
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communitiesu00A0
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:u202F www.abbottbenefits.comu00A0u00A0
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.u00A0