CareerBuilder is looking for an experienced Software Project Manager to join our team and drive projects for our middle market to small enterprise clients. This position will be supporting Broadbean a CareerBuilder affiliated company. CareerBuilder provides companies recruitment software solution to help hire the right people, for the right cost, at the right time. With a strong history of growth, profitability, and exceptional service, CareerBuilder is ideal for driven, energetic, critical thinking professionals looking to learn and develop their skills in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment.
As a Software Project Manager, your primary role will be to drive a positive implementation experience in order to foster the relationship with our clients to build a long-standing partnership. You will work with multiple internal and client teams to provide dynamic customer solutions and implementation strategies. This is a position with large responsibility and high exposure, for this reason it’s critical to have excellent communication skills, be business process savvy, have a strong technical background, as well as have strong organizational and time-management skills.
Major Responsibilities/Activities (List the major functions for this position, what the employee is expected to do on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis)
- Works on projects that are varied and may be more difficult in nature requiring some evaluation, originality, and ingenuity with supervision.
- Reviews and manages scope of the project based on Scope of Work (SOW).
- Assists with the creation and approval of SOWs.
- Independently manages multiple software implementation projects simultaneously.
- Documents on a weekly basis project status, related date fields, and other required items per product.
- Coordinates and leads all meetings with clients and appropriate stakeholders throughout projects.
- Follows CareerBuilder’s implementation methodology and best practices to deliver the best possible client experience.
- Adheres to established project SLAs, and documents variances from timelines accordingly.
- Partners with clients to understand their business operations and initiatives through a consultative approach to recommend the optimal software configuration to achieve their goals.
- Manages and oversees all operational aspects of their projects and identifies and resolves any issues.
- Leverages development tools to make requested configuration changes in the client’s software.
- Reviews and QAs customer setup or deliverable prior to client delivery.
- Communicates consistently and effectively keeping all relevant stakeholders up to speed with project progress, risks and milestones.
- Ability to perform midlevel to advanced troubleshooting of software on a regular basis.
- Creates and maintains project plans/timelines, documents change, communicates impact and executes on updated plan.
- Conducts trainings for client’s admins and end users on effective software usage to foster adoption.
- Facilitates the setup and integration of third-party partner modules.
- Demonstrates competency in all CareerBuilder products and services.
- Provides guidance and collaborates with other members of the Software Implementation team.
- Implements projects across multiple product lines within the CareerBuilder software suite.
- Continues building their understanding of available tools, resources and processes to refine their future delivery of projects.
- Expect to oversee the workflows of all relevant product and support teams to ensure CareerBuilder is fulfilling all requirements and deliverables with the most timely and quality work on active deliveries.
- Develops industry and product knowledge to perform best practice and configuration analysis for clients in active delivery.
- Participates in beta testing (new feature /functionality testing) and provides feedback to the business.
- Maintains established NPS and QA metrics.
- May travel to CareerBuilder offices and/or client locations as required (up to 10%).
- Other duties as assigned.