Position: Sr. Designer/Drafter Engineer / Senior Design/Project Engineer
Location: Northbrook – IL 60062 | Pay rate $50/hr on W2
Duration: 6 Months contract / Possible extension
• The incumbent requires conceptual direction with minimal technical inputs from a Senior Design/Project Engineer on design tasks. Incompletely defined requirements must be developed into specific designs generating a full design package consisting of layouts, schematics, detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts lists, etc. suitable for prototype and subsequently production release. The incumbent often directs other drafting personnel in the completion of assignments. Working independently or with an Engineer, the incumbent also generates dimensional and functional specifications for vendor supplied components.
• Demonstrated abilities in concepting and designing in addition to preparing production drawings with GD&T and maintaining BOM’s for assigned product line designs.
• Electrical system layout experience is a plus.
• Experience with assisting engineers in all phases of product maintenance and/or development activities while maintaining high quality & consistency for engineering deliverables.
• Maintain, improve or develop new processes to increase engineering effectiveness. Solid understanding of engineering / technical drawings & documentation.
• High level of self-motivation and drive to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and fluid environment with proven critical thinking and diagnostic abilities. Experience working across functional boundaries to resolve issues.