Newly Weds Foods seeks a Senior Bakery Scientist for its Chicago Corporate R&D department. We seek an individual experienced in the formulation and processing of dry baking premixes, English muffins, and yeast raised products.
- Product development from bench scale through commercialization
- Application of project management skills
- Optimization of formulas, processes and ingredients to operational effectiveness and cost management
- Sensory and shelf life evaluations (including organoleptic assessments)
- Independent interaction with internal and external customers
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of customer products and processes
- Problem solving and root cause analysis
- Customer training, demonstrations and presentations
- Actively train new R&D personnel
- Identify and promote opportunities for continuous improvement
- Adherence to all R&D policies, procedures and directives
- Meet the requirements of a Scientist II
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
- General office setting and food laboratory environment
- Periodic exposure to: (1) loud environment, (2) airborne particles with stronger odors associated with spicy food ingredients, (3) cold, hot, wet and humid conditions, (4) walking and standing on concrete, (5) climbing steps, ladders, (6) standing on elevated surfaces.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Bakery Science, Food Science, Culinary Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- Minimum six years of related experience and/or training.Strong communication, interpersonal skills and general knowledge in MS Office, AS400 and Lotus Notes.
Newly Weds Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer