#SS – 28816
Location: RIVERWOODS, IL
Duration: 3 month, Contract for Hire
- This paralegal will provide timely and effective advanced-level support to attorneys and clients and will collaborate with other paralegals and members of the Law Department to ensure Public Company securities compliance and provide effective Board of Directors support.
- The paralegal will manage complex projects and will work with attorneys on day-to-day support of public company function.
- The paralegal should be able to collaborate effectively across groups and anticipate and initiate routine Public Company tasks independently and as requested by attorneys and outside counsel.
- The paralegal must be comfortable interfacing with the highest levels of management within the company.
- Experience with trading black-out windows and insider trading compliance is a plus.
This position will:
- Support Board of Directors’ Meetings
- Assist with preparation of documentation for Annual Shareholders’ Meeting
- Draft and proofread agendas, calendars, and other documents
- Handle document distributions and postings to an online board portal
- Prepare and execute written consents and resolutions for a variety of board actions
- Prepare secretary/incumbency certificates
- Maintain records, including minute books
- Prepare and draft routine securities filings, such as Section 16 and 8-K filings
- Co-manage relationships with Board-specific vendors, such as Diligent
- Assist with the formation and dissolution of subsidiaries
- Support special corporate governance projects as required