Teledyne Storm Microwave has been providing high quality interconnect products and cable assemblies to domestic and international defense and telecom markets since 1978.
Located near Chicago, Illinois, Teledyne Storm Microwave was one of the first companies to offer high performance flexible and semi-rigid RF/Microwave cable assemblies with low density, tape-wrapped dielectric.
Today, Teledyne Storm Microwave is well known not only for quality products but also for quality customer relations based on an ongoing commitment to honesty and integrity. Building on our decades of microwave transmission line design experience, we continue to solve engineers' interconnect problems by combining leading technology with the Storm legacy of responsive, flexible, committed customer service.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Storm Microwave is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Technician to lead the testing group in our Woodridge, IL manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set-up and operate various Agilent PNA test equipment in accordance with written procedures
- Perform PNA calibrations using various calibration kits
- Leading a group of other test operators
- Test cable assemblies per customer print or Teledyne Storm Engineering drawing
- Maintaining test schedules by reviewing assignments daily, working with planners and supervisors on test priorities
- Analyzes and interprets test data
- Troubleshoot electrical failures by analyzing signal trace components, running equipment checks, and checking Standards
- Provides test reports and swept charts as part of the failure troubleshooting process
- Use VEEPRO, Excel, or other software to tabulate test data
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Vocational or Technical Certificate in related field and at a minimum of 5-10 years of directly related experience, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge computer software including basic use of spreadsheet (MS Excel), word (MS Word), and email (MS Outlook) software. Employee may be tasked with using software such as LabView for collecting and analyzing data.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school (plus)
- 2 years related experience as a test technician (preferred)
- Proficiency in Windows, EXCEL and WORD (plus)
- RF/microwave experience
- Working knowledge and ability to understand and setup a network analyzer
- Read drawings and determine test requirements
- Lead a team of first and second shift testers (previous supervisory experience a plus but not necessary)
- Manage daily schedule requirements