Hendrickson is searching for a Trade Compliance manager at their Woodridge, IL Technical Center.
This individual will direct Hendrickson's trade compliance program; assist with risk mitigation; develop, update and enforce trade compliance policies and procedures; and develop and deliver trade compliance training. The Trade Compliance Manager will also provide general import/export compliance support in other areas as the need arises, and serve as the primary interface and subject matter expert (SME) on interpretation of regulatory requirements or trade policies and procedures for all business units.
Duties include and are not limited to:
ITAR/EAR & Export Compliance -
- Provides export compliance support and guidance to Truck Commercial Vehicle Systems assigned Export Compliance Officer (ECO).
- Creates and distributes the necessary forms to document items such as commodity classifications, recording of any exemptions taken under the ITAR/EAR, customer screening, etc.
- Develops annual training plans and materials relative to the latest trade regulations, oversees implementation of all trade compliance procedures and ensuring that procedures match execution.
- Directs audits/reviews for compliance and recommend enforcement actions to specific functional areas when found not to be in compliance.
- Serves as the main point of contact with the US Government (USG) and foreign governments on export compliance matters. Provide advice and guidance to senior management on the application and implementation of government import/export regulations.
- Develops and maintains global database of export classifications for required products.
- Responsible for coordinating and processing all export license applications and other approvals for the export of commodities and Technical Data (TD), as well as coordinating export compliance activities, including filing all necessary Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ) requests with the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) and Commodity Classification (CC) requests with BIS.
- Reviews all commitments and the extent of coverage in approved licenses as well as provisos imposed by the DDTC.
- Oversees the maintenance of files for disclosures of ITAR/EAR-controlled TD to foreign nationals (FNs) and ensures that customer screening forms are properly executed.
- Coordinates recordkeeping required by Part 762 of the EAR and under the ITAR.
- Reviews, approves, and provides support and guidance for the Local Export Compliance Programs (ECPs) for Hendrickson's subsidiaries.
NAFTA/Misc Compliance- Truck Division
- Coordinate contract activities between the customer, Hendrickson, and Boler to ensure communications and understanding of clauses are clear to all parties involved.
- Reviews all government proposals to determine business case feasibility.
- Administers and tracks all award letters received from customers for government related work and ensures proper communication to appropriate parties.
- Review, interpret, and ensure compliance (or exemption, if applicable) of applicable FAR/DFAR provisions as issued by the various government agencies.
- Performs all NAFTA tasks including, but not limited to, supplier solicitations, NAFTA certification, non-NAFTA qualifying documentation, country of origin administration, and appropriately allocating HTS code classifications as needed.
- Performs due diligence surrounding tasks relating to manufacturer's affidavits, Buy America compliance (US content), and customs compliance for product crossing the North American borders.
- Provide support of non-disclosure agreements (NDA) and long-term agreement (LTA) administration and coordinates with corporate legal department as needed.
- Investigate and understand various foreign country requirements/regulations in which Hendrickson plans on conducting business (i.e. become the SME on issues to consider once we begin or want to begin doing business with a certain country).
- Coordinate/audit NAFTA activities with other [H] divisions and business units as required.
Frequency of duties will vary over time due to business conditions.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in business with emphasis on international, marketing, and/or management disciplines.
- It is preferred that this individual be a Certified Customs Specialist and / or be a Licensed Customs Broker.
Other qualifications include:
- 5 + years Trade Compliance experience in the following areas:
- Government Contracts/Compliance
- CTPAT/PIP programs
- NAFTA Compliance
- International/Export Business
- BIS, ITAR/EAR, OFAC regulations
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle industry preferred.
- Proficiency in Windows environment.
- Program Management experience with the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Overnight travel is requested about 10% of the time. This can vary based on business conditions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with customers, suppliers/service providers, and staff.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer