Coordinates clinic activities including, coordinating all template management, scheduling, greeting and acknowledging patients throughout the check-in and check-out process, and coordinating referral and insurance authorizations, coordinating all telephone activities and troubleshooting business issues.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company - Rush University Medical Center
Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
Rush's new 14-story hospital is the cornerstone of the Rush Transformation, an ongoing effort to build new facilities, renovate existing buildings and adopt new technology.
Rush offers a competitive salary, valuable healthy living benefits to include: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health.
Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future. Whether you're saving for retirement or a child's education, Rush offers benefits to help you make the most of your money now and in the future
Rush University Medical Center is a three time Magnet facility located in Chicago, IL.
Coordinates clinic activities including, coordinating all template management, scheduling, greeting and acknowledging patients throughout the check-in and check-out process, and coordinating referral and insurance authorizations, coordinating all telephone activities and troubleshooting business issues. The employee who holds this position exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures, including complying with all Rush University Medical Group Customer Service and Performance Standards.
- Works with minimal supervision. Resolves office problems and facilitates solutions, confers with supervisor to resolve more complex issues, assists in preparing ad hoc reports, assists in training of new employees, generates letters requested by physician or patient, per office protocol.
- Manages physician's template and schedule in EPIC.
- Enters, per office protocol, non-medication orders and/or referrals. Performs pre-certification of orders, procedures and surgeries.
- Performs data entry of in-patient or procedural professional charges as assigned.
- Collects time of service payments, posts payments in EPIC, and reconciles end-of-day receipts.
- Answers patient billing questions, coordinates set-up of payment plans, and refers as necessary to appropriate RUMC resources.
- Contacts insurance providers and obtain pre-authorizations
- Schedules, cancels and reschedules patient appointments, procedures, and surgeries.
- Appropriately transfers patients to pre-registration for insurance verification per RUMG policy.
- Greets and acknowledges patients at the front desk, checks patients in and out of the clinic, and performs practice designated activities to support new patients.
- Accesses EPIC to retrieve referrals, orders and other documentation and contacts various outside agencies to obtain referrals and other documentation.
- Coordinates administrative office functions as assigned including completion of EPIC administrative in-box messages.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college coursework highly preferred.
- Two or more year's medical office experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge or Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
Full-Time + Benefits
Rush University Medical Center
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland's Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.