Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Resource Industries are building a state-of-the-art platform (Remote Services) to support dealer-focused applications. We are looking for a strong Application Architect to join our team to lead and develop this complex distributed system. This person will also work closely with software development and support team(s).
As an application architect you will lead all stages of software development including refining product vision, gathering requirements, project planning, software system design, coding, testing, release, deployment, and support. Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance. Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Acts as team leader for development and support groups; provides programming, process and/or application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
- Fully knowledgeable of the relevant programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, testing, debugging, documentation standards and cross platform infrastructure components; can provide training on these topics for others.
- Work in all phases of product creation process including creating technical requirements, project planning, identifying dependencies, system architecture and development.
- Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects.
- Focus on productivity, quality and competitiveness of major technology initiatives.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features.
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed.
- Maintains high standards of software quality by establishing good practices.
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement.
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 12 years or more of software development experience.
- 8 years or more of experience in designing and developing software. applications in Java/Web Technologies.
- Ability to drive results independently in a dynamic environment while collaborating across a matrixed organization.
- Ability to understand both technology and business domains.
- 8+ years’ experience in Java/.Net Web applications and UI Technologies (Java, J2EE, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle, Angular, Azure).
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Demonstrated leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities.
- Ability to cope with shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, delegate responsibilities and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven experience in many of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining software at scale.
- Developing software applications using relational databases.
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Location: Mossville, IL
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .