The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for management, implementation, and support of Shirley Ryan AbilityLab’s (SRAlab) information systems security controls, including all technical, physical and administrative controls pertaining to the computing environment. Ensures that SRAlab maintains a secure and operationally efficient computing environment. Acts as lead technical interface within the IS Department.
The Senior Security Engineer provides direct support for SRAlab’s technical security environment, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, server-based security controls, and related reporting platforms.
The Senior Security Engineer will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Senior Security Engineer will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Provide management, implementation, and support of SRAlab’s information systems security controls, including technical, physical and administrative controls pertaining to the computing environment.
- Provide primary technical support for SRAlab’s security appliances, including Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco ISE Systems, Mail Gateway, and VPN Technologies.
- Collaborate with the Senior Network Engineer to provide technical and administrative support of network security components including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, authentication systems, certificate management servers, and network management systems.
- Collaborate with the Senior Systems Engineer to provide technical and administrative support of systems security components including Active Directory/GPO policies, end-point encryption, anti-spam/anti-virus, operating systems configuration, etc.
- Manage projects and project team members as appropriate for security or controls-related projects.
- Collaborates with Facilities and Network Engineers to provide technical and administrative support of physical controls of Data Center, LAN Closets, and end-user workspaces.
- Provide network support for SRAlab’s server, database, messaging and storage systems, including the server and storage hardware (servers, disk arrays, cabling, etc.), operating system installation and configuration, and application installation and support.
- Design and implement systems solutions to support business activities.
- Document systems changes using approved practices.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the Manager, Network and Systems
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.