Hey! We're Grubhub.
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. User-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart in the world of online food ordering. Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–then Grubhub is the place for you.
More About the Role
As an Engineering Manager in Restaurant, you'll oversee a team of engineers building our restaurant system, including everything from order fulfillment to restaurant onboarding, to Grubhub Direct. We build the tools that restaurants use on our platform to operate and scale their business. You'll manage engineers, shape their career paths, design our system architecture, and influence our product vision. The team works with product, design, and adjacent engineering teams.
The Impact You Will Make:
- Manage a team of software engineers and manage their career progression and planning.
- Communicate with partners, product owners, other technologists, and users to create software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Facilitate your team's agile operations by overseeing all sprints and managing the team backlog.
- Participate in future product direction and help build engineering roadmap.
- Improve service runtime for performance and scale.
- Be a technical voice in the Restaurant Engineering team.
- You will report to a Senior Manager, Engineering.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity
- Manage a team of Engineers and provide mentorship on career growth
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience architecting and developing testable, fault-tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud-based offerings
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Experience developing highly-available distributed systems (5x9's uptime etc.), Hot-hot multi-datacenter distributed services
- Familiarity with eventually-consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed and or relational databases
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Compensation. You'll receive a great compensation package with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission, or RSUs (role-specific).
- Free Meals. Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Social Impact. We believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund, and provide our employees opportunities to support causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: “2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].