- Springfield, Massachusetts
- October 3, 2018
I have two years experience in library and archives services, both in public and private institutions. I am educated in library science as well as in public relations and have a decade of customer service experience. Most of my library experience is working directly with technology and patrons.
• Occasionally worked at the Circulation Desk, checking out patrons and helping with any circulation questions (library card renewal, fees, etc.).
• Performed basic library tasks such as weeding, answering phones and reference questions, shelf reading, summer reading, creating resumes, and reader’s advisory.
• Planned programs for the teen population such as the Teen Advisory Board, Teen Book Club, and other miscellaneous events (Teen Read Week, etc.).
• Assisted the Associate Librarian during programming and events for the youth/children population.
• Served on the After School Team where I planned programming and discussed how to innovate our teen spaces.
• Participated in the planning of the teen makerspace to be built into the new East Forest Park branch.
• Served as reference for adult services, assisting in creating resumes, helping apply to jobs, and other various reference tasks.
• Some archival work to be performed in the library’s archive.
• Shelving and conservation to be performed as needed.
• Performed basic library tasks such as weeding, answering phones and reference questions, cataloguing, relabeling and covering books, shelf reading, and reader’s advisory.
• Created XML encoded DACS compliant finding aid created for archival documentation and research reference.
• Made a major collection available for use for the first time in over a decade.
• After completing the Arthur Loeb assignment early, provided assistance in integrating backlogged photos into the main collection.
• Processed four acquired collections, rehoused the collections, and created respective finding aids/directories.
• Digitized newsletters for the Rare Book Club and made them available online.
• Planned and publicized events.
• Arranged and completed an average of 3 interviews with students per month for web content.
• Photographed special events, including guest speakers and student socials.
• Checked in visitors at a high volume lobby entrance, reaching out to their Aetna contacts in order to ensure a smooth and pleasant transition into the building.
• Minor record keeping including visitor’s records, employee database records, etc.
• Answer phone calls and assist in all customer relations needs.
• Staffed and supervised special event functions with charity organizations and high profile guests.
• Managed property audits, tracking badge “rentals” to ensure payment and/or return of Aetna property.
• Performed excellent customer service, receiving two awards in 2014: National Achievement Award and Officer of the Month.