- Chicago, IL
- October 14, 2019
To Whom It May Concern,
Over the last year, I have taken a considerable amount of time to evaluate my current career trajectory and future professional goals. During this time of discernment, I discovered that my dream career would be to utilize the organizational, critical thinking, and time management skills I gained from my accounting career towards a role that allowed me to also use my natural strengths as well.
I am currently employed as an accountant within the Investigative Accounting Group at Meaden and Moore. Over the past four years in this position, I have sharpened my skills in time management, analytical thinking, upper and lower management, and effective communication in a fast-paced environment.
I am an intuitive person with a big heart and a positive attitude. As the youngest child of three daughters, I am a natural problem solver and have even been titled "The Mediator" within our family. Similarly, in my current position at Meaden and Moore, I am the office go-to for any "difficult" clients we may have. I use this gift in every part of my life through effective communication and interpersonal skills. I am confident that my ability to handle stressful situations with a level head and manage multiple tasks at once will benefit me in this role.
As illustrated, I am eager to pursue this opportunity as it is congruent with my natural skills and interests. To further emphasize key strengths I possess for success in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Highly intuitive; always a step ahead of what people will need or ask for.
• Extremely adaptable; able to confidently carry myself in any situation.
• Natural problem solver who does not avoid confrontation, but uses effective communication to alleviate tension.
• Eager to learn new skills and provide a superior service.
I am confident that my natural qualities, business acumen, and desire to work hard will make me a valued employee.
Should you have any further questions or wish to discuss the above, you may contact me at any time via my cell phone, 270-735-3215 or email, Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this opportunity.
I went to the University of Kentucky for my undergraduate degree in Accounting and minor in International Business.
• Review detailed financial data for various business entities; identify trends in past financial performance, conduct thorough analysis of variances and outside factors, and draw conclusions to deliver an accurate and objective report to the client
• Present findings to senior leadership to gain alignment; discuss analysis performed and collaborate with upper management to work through complex project nuances and arrive at customized resolutions
• Communicate with clients and third-party policy holders regularly; interpret complex analyses to all parties involved and keep them updated regularly throughout the engagement
• Maintain strong relationships with adjusters at major insurance firms by providing quality work and exceeding expectations
• Assist with insurance claims suffering from losses ranging from $1,000 to $1.7 billion; manage up to 40+ projects at a time in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Supervise and mentor new accountants and interns to ensure precise work product & thoughtful analysis; i.e. plan and organize on-boarding needs, training schedule, and continuing mentor responsibility
• Office lead for internal young professionals’ group, M&M Connect; schedule and execute activities for members
• Lead recruiting processes for new hires; attend career fairs and host information sessions, conduct interviews, organize annual on-site “Job Shadow Day,” and manage on-going engagement with potential candidates
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint